If you have an event you would like listed in our calendar, Click here to e-mail
Concrete Bridge Development Group
Concrete continues to be one of the most widely used materials in the construction industry. However, with increased need to address sustainable development and associated issues, the industry faces challenges that need urgent consideration and action. Bridge engineering is no exception and whilst concrete bridges continue to provide excellent solutions, we need to identify these challenges and explore how they are best addressed.
This presentation sets out to explore the design and construction of bridges that will be sustainable and contribute towards achieving the social, environmental and economic objectives as follows.
• A brief background to sustainability and
• UK government and construction Industry strategy
• Principles of engineering sustainability
• Concrete bridge solutions and their benefits
• Challenges and how concrete bridges can be more sustainable reviewing; procurement methods, materials, construction processes, innovation, durability and maintenance
• Case studies
Saeed Ziaie - Director, Head of Engineering Integration, Civil, Bridge and Ground, WSP
12:00 to 13:00 BST